Board of Directors
Corporate Executive Office Building,
Glen Raven, Inc.
- NC Employers'
Summit on Health
Links to Informative Sites:
- The Department of Health and Human Services is the principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans. It is comprised of the Office of the Secretary and 11 operating divisions. The agencies perform a wide variety of tasks and services, including research, public health, food and drug safety, grants and other funding, health insurance, and many others.
- Healthcare Compare allows you to compare a variety of quality measures of health care and service providers. In addition, the Partnership for Patients program highlights hospitals and other providers that have made a commitment to reducing medical errors, improving health care quality, and reducing costs.
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's (AHRQ) mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. As 1 of 12 agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, AHRQ supports research that helps people make more informed decisions and improves the quality of health care services.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Collaborating to create the expertise, information, and tools that people and communities need to protect their health - through health promotion, prevention of disease, injury and disability, and preparedness for new health threats.
- North Carolina Medical Board exists to regulate medicine and surgery for "the benefit and protection of the people of North Carolina." They are a resource for patients and for medical professionals.
- The National Business Coalition on Health provides expertise, resources and a voice to nearly 62 coalitions across the country. Piedmont Health Coalition is proud to be the first Coalition in North Carolina to become a member of this national organization in 1995.
© 2014 Piedmont Health Coalition, Inc.